iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error on iPhone [Get How to Fix]. Теле2 не активируется imessage
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error on iPhone [How to Fix]
Accidentally, On iMessage activation displaying alert iMessage “Waiting for activation” error on first time, Due to many reasons, In The Long Run, are you getting Screen with message Activation Unsuccessful. Turn on iMessage to try again.
iMessage by Apple service start from iOS 5 to till today’s iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11. So iMessage is very useful and popular, each of iPhone lovers uses this free messaging service with different effects apart from text messaging. It’s hence that. You can save text messaging (That’s limited depends on your line), Send messages over Wi-Fi and Data plan as well as free of cost to any number.iMessage “waiting for activation” error on iPhone
Let’s start with the possible solution on iMessage “Waiting for activation” error.
Here is the list of alternatives solutions on Solve iMessage “waiting for activation” error message showing on iPhone.
1st Disable or Enable iMessage app on iPhone
- Go to The settings.
- Under the Settings, → Message, turn off or disable toggle for iMessage
- Wait for 24 hours, turn on again iMessage service on your iPhone and iPad
how long does iMessage wait for activation?
It will take up to 24 hours for successfully activate iMessage on your phone number.
Carrier will charge for Text Message on Disable or Enable iMessage Because Carrier sends your device details to apple. If you have free text then there is no charge.
→ Sometimes, Messaging service stopped during activation time by the cellular company on an overdue bill or unexpected reasons. Please contact the carrier and ask about it.
2nd: Restart or Reboot iPhone: iPhone
Sometimes your screen will stuck or freeze with iMessage activation error popup on activation. Showing the wrong message on the screen after successfully activate at the carrier end.
I would like to recommended, Restart or Force Restart (iPhone, iPad Cellular)
Sometimes, iPhone is displaying “iMessage waiting for Activation Stuck” and not Updated Status on iPhone screen under settings. Go to below,
Hard Reboot iPhone 8/8 Plus:
1: Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,2: Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,3: Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To Start iPhone, Again press Side button until startup apple logo on the screen.
iPhone X: Press and Hold Side button + Volume Down button until apple logo on the screen.
iPhone 5/ 5S, iPhone 6/6S, 6S Plus/ 6 Plus: Press and hold Sleep-wake/ Power button until you show the slide to power off option on the screen. OR Force Reboot – Press Sleep/ Wake + Home button until seeing Apple icon on the black screen.
iPhone 7/ 7 Plus: Simple Restart is as it is but Force Restart (Side Power button + Volume down button until you see apple logo on screen)
♦ Wake up the screen, Using Power button or Sleep/Wake button once.
2rd Update or Restore your iOS on your iPhone and iPad
Restore is the best option to resolve iMessage “Waiting for activation” error.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using lighting cable.
- Launch iTunes, From menu choose Summary tab > Tap on your iPhone > Restore iPhone
Take backup your iPhone or iPad update: Backup iPhone on iTunes or iCloud
Restore tutorial detailed: Find and restore the old backup in iPhone and iPad [How to] or Also go with the Clean restore – Fix big problems with troubleshooting tips.
Popup will appear to prevent your old data should be lost, so take backup whole iPhone or iPad.
Otherwise, download latest (.ipsw) firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 7/ 8/ 9/ 10. And use that for the update or install iOS on your iPhone and iPad.
4th: Reset or Update Carrier Settings or APN settings
After SIM upgrade or Change/Switch to another carrier, Reset carrier settings required. Once you clear all the APN or Carrier settings, on Reboot time all the data will automatically fill based on latest value. So we can use latest update and benefits from the carrier like iMessage easily activate or install activate and use without the long wait.
Go to the Settings > General.
Next to the General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
5th: logout iMessage and re-login
Moreover, solution on iMessage “waiting for activation” error can be resolved by turning off or on the iCloud account on your iPhone and iPad.
Go to the Settings > Messages > scroll your screen and Tap on Send & receive.
Tap your Apple ID > Sign-out
Turn off your iMessage settings > Message > turn off iMessage toggle. Wait for a moment and Turn on it by enabling option. At that time enter your Apple ID and see again it has been resolved.
6th: Set date time up-to-date
The auto time zone may be giving an error, auto time zone will set current time, but zone maybe not for you. So disable it and set date and time manually.
Go to the Settings > General > Date & Time, and then set Zone, Date and Time.
Use Apple ID as iMessage or FaceTime address,
Contact your Carrier and Request for activating iMessage in System on your Phone number.
7th: iMessage activation without the phone number
iMessage Should be Turn on For Phone number
We can activate iMessage for Number or Apple ID. I tried and activated on Apple ID successfully on my iPhone, First time when I faced this issue.
Go to the Settings app > Messages >iMessage> Select Apple ID or Email as iMessage.
8th: iMessage Activation after SIM changed
iMessage already turned on for the old mobile number, So it’s activated means settings are enabled. After new SIM install, you will get Popup Message for Activate iMessage > Press OK. And Turn on iMessage on new Number or SIM.
Otherwise, Check and Enable iMessage manually from iPhone Settings,
Go to the Settings > Messages > Enable iMessage toggle.
Enter SIM card and Replace or use Another SIM card for test if your iPhone saying: iMessage waiting for Activation no SIM card
iMessage Service uses Wireless data So Check Wi-Fi or Cellular data is working correctly.
Hope you guys enjoyed and use iMessage sent between iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac.
9th: See your carrier plan and contact it
Your carrier is supporting iMessage service or not at first, and verify any restriction on you for iMessage, Blocks and more.
iMessage service is not free and permission to use by all carrier. Supported carriers in your countries can be eligible for Sending Free Text Message on iPhone (iMessage). Recently most of the Cellular companies given iMessage free to Apple users. After that, we can use it on Mac (it will be auto sync on Mac system, once you activate on iOS device)
10th: Activate iMessage on WiFi, Cellular Disabled
This can happen only in specific situations, Just follow me
1, Turn off iMessage, Go to the Settings > Messages > iMessage (Disable)
2, Enable Airplane mode, from the control center.
3, By Turning on Airplane mode wifi will automatically disabled. So turn on WiFi again, manually.
4, Then, Enable iMessage from the settings app
5, Next, Disable Airplane Mode – OTA you will receive notification for Apple ID.
iMessage activation required for use different new Messaging features in iOS 11 (Peer to Peer payment, Send new Emojis & Stickers), Otherwise, iMessage doesn’t use.
10th: Check Restriction and Disable it
Also Check the Restriction for Make necessary changes, that prevent modify accout Go to the Settings > General > Accounts > Allow Changes (On iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
Here you saw maximum possibilities to Resolve iMessage “waiting for activation” Error Fixed. Don’t miss to share which one try is useful for you personally with the big smile. Till that are you facing problem to fix iMessage error “waiting for activation” then comment in below with problem and suggestions.
Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation
With just about every new version of the iOS, the same errors seem to come up time and time again. iOS 10 is no different and one such error users are experiencing is the “Waiting for Activation” iMessage error, one of the most irritating errors there is. There are plenty of so-called “fixes” available but, to be honest, very few of them actually work. Having run through several iPhones and lots of different fixes, we have finally found a couple of solutions that really work.
Image : Fix iOS 10 – iMessage Waiting for Activation
Before Applying the Solution :
Before you try this fix, there are a few things you need to check first:
- Look under General to make sure you have the time and date set correctly. Set it to Set Automatically, make sure you have the right time zone and that your iPhone display the right time
- Make sure your network is working without interruption; if necessary use cellular data
- Make sure your provider allows you to receive international messages otherwise you won’t receive the Activation message
- Make sure that your own phone number is on the Phone app as a contact; if not, you must add it by tapping on Settings > Phone > My Number and completing the details
How to Fix iMessage activation Error :
Before you do anything, contact your carrier to make sure they support Message.
Try Airplane Mode :
- Open Settings > Messages. Tap on the correct toggles to turn off both iMessage and FaceTime
- Place your iPhone into Airplane Mode and Wi-Fi will turn off automatically
- Now manually switch on Wi-Fi
- Go back to Messages and turn iMessage back on
- You may be promoted to add an Apple ID if you haven’t already done so
- Back to Settings and turn Airplane Mode off
- You should receive a Notification warning you that your carrier may charge for the SMS; tap on OK
- If you don’t get the notification, go to Messages, turn iMessage off, wait a minute and then switch it back on
- You will see your email and a grayed out number – when the number is checked, iMessage is activated
Sign Out of Apple ID :
- Open Settings > Messages and then open Send & Receive
- Tap on your Apple ID and sign out
- Turn off iMessage
- Wait for a while and then turn your Wi-Fi off and then on again
- Sign in with your Apple ID again and try activating iMessage again
Reset | Restore Method :
If neither of these remove the error, you must next reset your location settings, followed by resetting your iPhone. You will need to log back in using your Apple ID and then try activating iMessage again. If this fails, you are left with no option but to restore your iPhone.
For more solutions and tips, Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook.
iMessage Waiting For Activation: How to Activate iMessage When Not Working
iPhone owners are commonly known for iMessage waiting for activation. Other issues that iOS owners have problem with are knowing how to activate iMessage when iMessage is not working.
Even though our guide will help you learn how to activate iMessage when iMessage not working, from our experience, it’s not always easy to help someone when they ask how to activate iMessage when iMessage is not working. Sometimes it works just perfectly, but sometimes it to takes a long time and iMessage waiting for activation fix can be a real headache.
There are many different recommendations on how to activate iMessage all over the Internet, but not all of these methods work and leave you with iMessage activation unsuccessful and you’ll still have iMessage waiting for activation. The following are guides on how to activate iMessage for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2. This will help on how to activate iMessage on iOS 8 and iOS 7.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Apple device, then make sure to check out this iPhone 6/6s case, Logitech’s Harmony Home Hub, Olloclip’s 4-in-1 lens for iPhone, Mophie’s iPhone juice pack and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to have the ultimate experience with your Apple device.
Follow other instructions here for iMessage help:
Before You Start To Fix iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Issue
If you want to learn how to activate iMessage for an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to fix an iMessage is not working problem, there are several things you need to check. Before you start trying out all these methods to get iMessage activated or iMessage activation unsuccessful attempt could happen:
- It’s important to make sure that iPhone that you use has the correct number listed on the device. You can view the number associated with the iPhone by going to the top of contacts, there you should see your number listed as “My Number”. If not, you’ll need to go to Settings -> Phone -> My Number and enter your number.
- Also check and make sure the correct Date & Time is listed. You also have the option to set to ‘Set Automatically’ that will set the Time Zone based on the location the device is at.
- It’s very common that network error occur which can sometimes have iMessage not working and make iMessage activation unsuccessful. Check for any Wi-fi issues that could cause iMessage activation problems.
- Contact your wireless provider to make sure that iMessage is supported by, this will help save time when iMessage waiting for activation after iMessage activation unsuccessful. Contact your Carrier support team and verify any limiting condition on your for iMessage, blocks, or filters on text messages. Contacting your wireless provider is not the best when wanting to know how to activate iMessage.
Airplane Mode Check When iMessage Not Working
For some, when iMessage not working a great iMessage waiting for activation fix is by turning “Off” and “On” Airplane mode. We found the airplane mode activation mode in one of the discussions.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Settings → scroll down and select Messages and turn “Off” iMessage (also disable FaceTime)
- Turn on the Airplane mode. Wifi will be turned “Off” automatically
- Turn “On” Wifi
- Head back to Messages and turn-on iMessage
- You’ll be prompted for your Apple ID if you haven’t added it yet
- Now, head back to Settings and turn “Off” Airplane mode
- You’ll be shown a notification that says ‘Your carrier may charge for SMS’ – Select “Ok”
- If not, go to Messages, turn “Off” iMessage and then turn it “On” again
More discussion at Apple’s forum
Apple ID Sign-out, Sign-in Sometimes, you just need to sign-out of your Apple ID and then login again.
- Under Settings → Message, scroll down and select ‘Send & Receive’
- Tap on the Apple ID and then press Sign Out
- Switch “Off” iMessage now
- Wait for a while (turn on/off Wifi) and then switch “On” iMessage
- Enter your Apple ID details now and try to reactivate iMessage
Reset Or Restore For iMessage Waiting For Activation Fix
If none of the above methods work and you still need to know how to activate iMessage when iMessage is not working, try to reset or restore your iPhone. For a detailed guide, read How to Reset or Restart iPhone or iPad. You need to reset your location settings, followed by reseting or restoring the iPhone. After you have reset the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you’ll just login with your Apple ID and set up iMessage as new.
If this was useful, please share to help others and follow us on Twitter.
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.
iMessage "Waiting for Activation" Error in iOS 11 or Earlier [How to Fix]
Tired of iMessage waiting for activation error in iOS 11, iOS 10, or iOS 9 on iPhone? Or is it just draining the last ounce of patience left in you? Despite our “been there done that” experience, we're equally skeptic about how to activate iMessage.
Sometimes it works just perfectly, but sometimes it drives us crazy. There are quite a lot of fixes recommended almost everywhere but most of it doesn't work. That's what prompted us to test with a lot of iPhones and we ended up activating iMessage successfully.
Before You Start To Fix iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Issue on iPhone running iOS 11, iOS 10, or iOS 9.x:
You'll need to sort these things out:
- Make sure in the Phone app, you've got your number listed. On top of ‘Contacts,' you should see your number listed (My Number:). If not, you'll need to go to Settings → Phone → My Number and enter your number.
- Make sure Date & Time (under General) are correct. Set to “Set Automatically” make sure the Time Zone is correct and the iPhone holds the right time.
- Also, make sure you've got a working network. Wi-fi issues can cause iMessage activation problems so have cellular enabled.
- In some cases, iMessage activation may take up to 24 hours. If it doesn't get enabled even after a day, contact your carrier.
- For some users, the message sent out for activation goes out as an international SMS. Make sure your carrier permits these and you have sufficient amount to send them.
How to Fix iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error on iPhone
Solution #1. Check Out Internet Connection
Both iMessage and FaceTime require a very good internet connection to work properly. Hence, make sure your internet connection is up to the mark.
Open Settings → Wi-Fi/Cellular → turn off the switch, reboot your device and turn on Wi-Fi/Cellular.
If it doesn't work, then try to reset network settings. It will delete all the existing network settings and return them to factory settings. Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings.
Solution #2. Contact Your Carrier
First of all, make sure that your carrier supports iMessage or not. Contact your Carrier support team and verify any limiting condition on your for iMessage, blocks, or filters on text messages.
Solution #3. Turn Off/ON iMessage and Hard Reset Your Device
Step #1. Open Settings app → Messages → Turn off iMessage.
Step #2. Now, reboot your iOS device by holding ON/OFF button and Home buttons at once for about 10 seconds.
To hard reset iPhone 7/7 Plus, press and hold volume down button and Home button. To force restart your iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, head over to this post.
Step #3. When your device has restarted, turn on iMessage.
Solution #4. Update Your iPhone's Carrier Settings
Step #1. Make sure Wi-Fi or Cellular is enabled on your device. Open Settings → General.
Step #2. Tap on About. If there is any update available, you will get the option to update it.
You can see the version of the carrier settings next to Carrier.
When you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone, you need to download the carrier setting for your new carrier.
Solution #5. Apple ID Sign-out, Sign-in
Sometimes, you just need to sign out of your Apple ID and then log in again.
Step #1. Under Settings → Message, scroll down to where it says ‘Send & Receive' and tap on it.
Step #2. Tap on the Apple ID and then press Sign Out.
Step #3. Switch off iMessage now.
Step #4. Wait for a while (turn on/off Wifi) and then switch ON iMessage.
Step #5. Enter your Apple ID details now and try to reactivate iMessage
Solution #6. If Nothing Works…
If all the solutions as mentioned above have failed to fix the problem, then update your device to the latest version. Tap on Settings → General → Software Update.
If there is no update available, then restore your iPhone with iTunes. Make sure to take a backup of your device before restoring it.
You can also contact Apple for help if the problem continues even after the software update or restoring your device.
Also, contact your carrier to ensure you can send/receive SMS.
Watch out how to fix iMessage Not Working issue on your iPhone:
Apple tries to let users enjoy a seamless iMessage experience, but one thing that's clear is that setting up and activating iMessage doesn't usually work smoothly for all users. Try these methods and let us know if any of it worked. And we're looking for more solutions too so let us know.
I'm sure the above solutions can help you fix the iMessage/FaceTime activation error on your iOS device. Being a common problem which many iPhone users (including me) have encountered at some point or the other, it should get resolved—without much pain.
You might also want to check out these posts: iPhone contacts disappeared issue, iMessage not working, how to get back lost iCloud contacts, Bluetooth not working, and Wi-Fi not working on iPhone and iPad.
Do share your feedback with us in the comment, on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. Also, download the iGB app for free in the App Store.